NO LIMITS Conference for Women 2016
Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce Honored Conference Keynote Speakers, and Honored Prominent Local Honorees
Annual Conference for Women Recognized Breakthrough Women, Diversity Leaders
The Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce was honored to host the 2016 Greater Houston
“No Limits” Conference for Women.
The following influential speakers presented their empowering personal and business insights, representing a variety of topics from leadership to breaking the glass ceiling:
- Dyllan McGee – Founder & Executive Producer, MAKERS: Women Who Make America
Sallie Sargent – President & CEO, Houston Super Bowl Host Committee
- Martha Soehren, PhD – Chief Talent Development Officer, Senior Vice President, Comcast
- Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum – Attending Cardiologist, Director of Women’s Heart Health, Lenox Hill Hospital
GHWCC honored Dr. Michael Belfort of Baylor College of Medicine and TCH Pavilion for Women the prestigious Kathryn S. Stream, PhD, Award for Excellence in Women’s Health. GHWCC presented the annual Diversity Leadership award that recognizes the company’s achievement in the advancement of diversity and inclusion to Leslie Ward of AT&T.
The following industry and community trailblazers were honored as GHWCC’s 2016 Breakthrough
· Aida Araissi – Founder & CEO, Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce
· Denise Castillo-Rhodes – EVP & Chief Financial Officer, Texas Medical Center
· Diane Englet – Community Relations, Senior Director, CenterPoint Energy
· Christina Ibrahim – EVP, General Counsel, & Corporate Secretary, Weatherford
· Karen Love – Director, Practice Growth, PKF Texas
· Brenda Mainwaring – Vice President, Public Affairs, Union Pacific Railroad
· Regina Mayor – Energy, Natural Resources and Chemicals National Sector Leader, KPMG
· Sandra Porter – Vice President, Corporate Marketing & Business Development, HINES
· Sallie Rainer – President & CEO, Entergy Texas, Inc.
· Clarease R. Yates* – Judge, Author, Mediator, & Etiquette Trainer
The Breakthrough Women reflect the careers and personal journeys of 10 breakthrough women as being trailblazers in their industries and who have demonstrated amazing courage and leadership in reaching their career goals. They will also be featured on vignettes to be shown on Houston Public Media for their many contributions.
The annual Stream Award recognizes a Houston-area researcher, educator, practitioner or community leader with a record of achievement in advancing women’s health. The award is named for Dr. Kathryn S. Stream, a devoted women’s health advocate who retired as Senior Vice President of the Texas Medical Center in 2008.
Conference proceeds will benefit programs that help to advance the positions of women and girls in the greater Houston area.